Linn Manor Care Center © All rights reserved
At this website you will find:
• Answers to questions you didn’t know to ask.
• An understanding of nursing home care processes.
• Things to do to improve a family member’s care.
• Ways to join the nursing home care team.
• Access to nursing home rules and regulations.
• Contact links to additional information and help.
• The knowledge to solve long term care concerns.
• What services the nursing home must provide.
U.S.News rated nearly 16,000 nursing homes. At the top of the Iowa nursing homes list are those with a rating of five stars from the federal Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services for their overall performance in health inspections, nurse staffing and quality of medical care. About 24 percent of all nursing homes in Iowa earned an overall five-star rating. Read more here.
Nursing home ratings come from:
A star rating is provided for each of these 3 sources, in case some areas are more important to you than others. Then, these 3 ratings are combined to calculate an overall rating.
Why is this important?
Nursing homes vary in the quality of care and services they provide to their residents. Reviewing health inspection results, staffing data, and quality measure data are 3 important ways to measure nursing home quality. This information gives you a "snap shot" of the care individual nursing homes give.